|“||Galaxy Garrison exists to turn young cadets like you into the next generation of elite astroexplorers.||”|
—Commander Iverson expounding on the Garrison's true purpose, "The Rise of Voltron"
The Garrison's main base featured in the show is located in a rather large and desolate desert climate.
- Unknown Rankings
- Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (officially KIA; current status unknown)
|“||Those Garrison chefs sure know how to genetically manufacture a delicious vegetable.||”|
—Sam Holt, "Tears of the Balmera"
- Galaxy Garrison seems to combine aspects of a military academy, NASA, and national intelligence agencies.
- It's interesting to note how Pidge was able to infiltrate the Garrison, fake her medical records, and thoroughly convince Iverson that she was not the girl who made an absolute mockery of his security. Either Galaxy Garrison's security is cut-rate or Pidge is the most badass spy known to humankind. Either way, it's something to laugh at the whole time.
- The Garrison's base being located in the desert is reminiscent of how the Sonoran Desert of Arizona was used as a simulation ground for extraterrestrial environments leading up to the first moon landing by NASA, as the harsh and parched climate of the Grand Canyon State was the closest thing on Earth to the lunar environment to test the suits used by Neal Armstrong's crew.
- The Galaxy Garrison is one of the few elements of the Voltron franchise that was taken from Armored Fleet DaiRugger XV that has been a constant in most Voltron continuities