In Voltron: Defender of the Universe, many character deaths in the original source material were edited out, by deleting the scene showing them die and adding dialogue implying their survival. This happened often enough that exceptions are notable.
- Yurak- Sliced apart by Voltron in the episode "Yurak Gets His Pink Slip"
- Count Zeta- Was on board a spaceship when it crashed into a castle in the episode "Treasure of Planet Tyrus". Notably, dialogue from the original source material was altered to imply that he was at least seriously injured, if not killed.
- Robeast- In "A Pretty Spy", the robeast who was killed had been a human.
- Spaceport Guards- "Escape to Another Planet" while they had the appearance of ultra droids, King Zarkon specifically stated that they "paid with their lives".
- Sand Planet Forward Base Troops- In "The Sand People", some of the troops were incinerated by Yellow Lion.
- Villagers- In "The Lion Has New Claws" two villagers are seen being picked up by a Robeast and put into it's mouth.
- King Mag- In "The Deadly Flowers" Lotor pushes down King Mag and raises his Laser Sword, the frame freezes and turns red implying Mag's death.