This Voltron consisted of fifteen vehicles created on Earth, that were divided into three teams of five, known respectively as the Land, Sea, and Air Teams. Each team was specialized in gathering data or fighting in their area of expertise. Each group of vehicles could combine into a super vehicle, with each combined formation differing amongst the three teams.
The Super Vehicles were:
- The Strato Fighter (Air Team)
- Command Jet Explorer (#1)
- Strato Weapons Module (#2)
- Advanced Recon Helicopter (#3)
- Advanced Recon Helicopter (#4)
- Falcon Jet Fighter (#5)
- The Aqua Fighter (Sea Team)
- Communications Module (#6)
- Space Prober (#7)
- Space Prober (#8)
- Multi-Wheeled Explorer (#9)
- Multi-Wheeled Explorer (#10)
- The Turbo Terrain Fighter (Land Team)
- Jet Radar Station (#11)
- Rotating Personnel Carrier (#12)
- Armored Equipment Carrier (#13)
- All-Terrain Space Vehicle (#14)
- All-Terrain Space Vehicle (#15)
When necessary, all three teams formed the mighty Voltron.
Voltron: Defender of the Universe cartoon continuity
Vehicle Force sub-series
Vehicle Voltron was originally conceived and created to function as a backup for the original Voltron. It's design was based on the plans of a human scientist, Dr. Lauring.
Devil's Due Publishing comics continuity
It was first deployed after the original Voltron to recapture it until it's pilots received new orders to support him. It was accidentally "attacked" by the original Voltron during the robots' first battle side-by-side.
A sword that's almost exactly the same as the original Voltron's. The two hands touch each other and forms the sword. The blade is often used to slay Robeasts, usually by slicing them in half.
Shoots destructive rays of energy.
Forms two discs of energy which can be thrown at an enemy.
List of Pilots
- Within the Devil's Due comic series, Vehicle Voltron was called "V-15".